Lavasoft Going To The Dark side?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Flexifoil

High guys...Been trying to download Adaware 07 updated with no joy, so did a bit of googling and found that I'm not the only one.

I came across this article about Lavasoft going over to the dark side...

http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/2008/01/lavasoft-turning-to-dark-side.html

I run AVG anti virus, Zone alarm fire wall, spyware blaster, spyware Guard and scan with spybot S&D (don't use tea Timer) and Adaware 07 (which I think I want rid of)

What is the best Free security at the moment? ...and what can I replace Adaware with.

You're not the only one, Flexifoil. I use http://www.superantispyware.com/
I found a Trojan that had been on my system all the time that I had been using Adaware SE. I don't bother with Spybot anymore. I can't seem to find anyone who gives it a good review.

Flexifoil

I tried super antispyware a few months back and it didn't pick up anything that AAW hadn't....but I'll try it again now that AAW has been dumped....has anyone used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware product yet?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts