1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Layer stays behind frame in JavaScript

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by NightLord, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightLord

NightLord Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I'm working on a website and decided to try a nice fold-out menu in JavaScirpt. Beeing a total noob (when it comes to coding that is :D) I've been trying some codes taken from websites like dynamicdrive.com but I noticed that all codes have the same trouble with the order of the frames that are showed.

Basically the thing is that the sub-menus that fold out seem to be projected UNDER the main frame of the page.
    Here's an example:

http://home.scarlet.be/~pw999396/FramesProblem/

I've been looking into those "z-index" values and stuff, but couldn't really find the problem. I even tried a program called AllWebMenus hoping the "pros" would make a good code for me... It is quite a nice program but it compiles the JavaScript into massive blocks of code (JS Files) that I really can't handle anymore :rolleyes: PLus it generates a huge ammount of code that must be useless regarding the few lines that other menus needed (n)

Anyway, I was hoping somebody would know how to resolve this issue.
    And, maybe somebody knows how to make something like the example above in easy JavaScript? It's SO MUCH easier to look into!
    Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

/NL

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/389253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice