1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lcd as pc monitor HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dalt, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dalt

dalt Thread Starter

Hi there,

Just purchased base tl1900d lcd/tv.

Problem being if i change to resolution in settings on the pc so that the writing on screen is clear and not slight fuzzy (more resolution), then the screen looks too zoomed in and im not able to see all the icons or the full page.

I tried to change to h and v position on the screen but all this does is take it sideways or up/ down, but doesn't actually shrink so all the page fits on the screen.

The lcd is connected via standard vga and set to vga input. The lcd is set to 16:9 view

So once again basically i can see the whole page but its not that clear, then i change the resolution in settings and then writing is nice and clear but i cant see the whole page.

My video is only the built in to m/board card sis 651c , although i have a winfast a340 video card i just tried also, but the comp wouldnt fully load and kept resarting with this card in so thats a different matter so i took it back out!

So basically what im think is that the pc still thinks that a normal crt monitor is plugged in, so is there a basic genric driver to use for lcd as monitor (as i cant find any on my monitor model), or another fix to this problem, or do i need to but a better video card.

Thanks in advance for any help on this one..

Cheers from Tasmania, Australia!

Mainboard Mainboard : NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL GA-8SIMLNF-NF7
    Windows xp home

2. dalt

dalt Thread Starter

Oh the lcd defenition is 1440 x 900

3. lawson_jl

lawson_jl

you don't neeed as special lcd driver and such a thing doesn't exhist anyway. What you need to do is set the video out on your video card to 1440x900 to match the resolution of the lcd screen. LCDs tend to only look good if they are set at the proper resolution. If you have trouble reading the text then you should try setting font sizes higher in windows not turning down the resoluction. also since the monitor isnt' a true computer screen you may run into other quarks that can't be adjusted.

4. dalt

dalt Thread Starter

Het thanks, just trying to set the resolution to the same as lcd 1400 x 900, but that combination isnt an option, going to look on net how to manually set resolution size but any advise on this much appreciated!

5. acameron

acameron

what is the PC model #? It may be that your onboard card does not support widescreen resolutions....

6. dalt

dalt Thread Starter

Packard Bell Mainboard : NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL GA-8SIMLNF-NF7
    Processor : Intel Celeron D 330 @ 2666 MHz
    Chipset sis 651c, Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

7. arknorth

arknorth

That's a pretty basic motherboard there - it will need a video card to make this type of combo tv/monitor look good.

Not being able to find any English specs on this monitor, please give us a rundown on what jacks are available on it's back - are there any DVI or HDMI jacks there? The reason for asking is that these will give superior quality when using the monitor with a computer - it would also tell you what type of video card would work for this situation.

Also, what MODEL is the Packard Bell? Most PC manufacturers list what's available for their machines by this, rather than by motherboard specs.

A-N

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice