LCD Clarity

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

leachim

Hi

Santa kindly gave me a AG Neovo 17" LCD Monitor. I used to have a 17" CRT.

Although I have installed Cleartype, I have noticed that the text is not as clearly defined as a CRT Monitor.

Screen resolution is 1024 x 768 and Colour is 32 bit.

Is it something I will have to live with, or is there more tweaking I can do ? :confused:

Many Thanks

Mike

leachim

dustyjay said:
did you do the cleartype tweaking from the MS Site or what

Yep, I think I also downloaded the cleartype icon which is now in control panel.

Is there a better way, as the text is rather pixillated. It is a Neovo F417.

Thanks

Mike

dustyjay

Jay
try a higher resolution see if it is the same. Text will appear smaller though.
but that might be taken care of in accesabilty,

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You need to run the LCD at it's native resolution, or the image quality will suck. Is that panel a 1280x1024 panel, most currently manufactured 17" LCD's are.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I tried ClearType on my LCD's here, but I thought is should be renamed "FuzzyType" IMO. I went back to the Windows defaults. :)

Rukee

Banned
I changed my text to 120DPI and upped the refresh rate to 75 and it helpped alot with that.

leachim

JohnWill said:
You need to run the LCD at it's native resolution, or the image quality will suck. Is that panel a 1280x1024 panel, most currently manufactured 17" LCD's are.

When you say native, do you mean its highest resolution ? I tried it and everything gets v. small....

Rukee

Banned
native meens the resolution it was ment to be run at. I run my LCD at 1280x1024 all the time as that`s it`s native resolution. Try my other tip too. :)

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Yes, Native does happen to be the highest resolution the LCD can display without streching. Running an LCD at lower resolutions always results in a loss of quality.

Triple6 said:
Yes, Native does happen to be the highest resolution the LCD can display without streching. Running an LCD at lower resolutions always results in a loss of quality.
Which is why I always yell at a friend of mine when he runs his lcd on 1024x768 :p

I don't know how he can stand it, it looks horrible

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
I just bought an ACER AL1916ASD 19" with DVI and wow does it ever look great @ 1280 x 1024. It doesn't even look that bad at 1024 x 768 which surprised me a little but the text is not as clear as at its native resolution. Now I'm thinking of buying one for myself as this one I'll be giving to a customer. Any opinions on this LCD?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Its also more expensive, lowest price I've seen is $475.58 Canadian and it would have to be shipped from the U.S. This Acer only cost $399.99 but it has an 8ms response time. I'll see if I can get a deal on it though thru some sources, if I can get it for about $500 with taxes(15%) then I will, have always like Viewsonic monitors.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online