LCD issues on Acer Swift 3

jmladeras

There are shadow-like borders around my 3-month old laptop LCD from the bezels that are visible on dark images. Meanwhile, my laptop has developed a screen-burn-like issue around the laptop LCD as well (image below). I also observed that it would appear everytime my device is booted from a shutdown or sleep.
1. Are the shadow-like borders normal?
2. What can I do to eliminate the screen-burn-like issue?IMG_20200611_183006.jpg

Oddba11

Jim
Not normal.

Burn-in is the result of constantly displaying a static image on part or all of the screen.

I believe that I see the border issue in the image above. I don't know what would cause it. It's only 3 months old and should be under warranty, have you contacted support?

jmladeras

Not normal.

Burn-in is the result of constantly displaying a static image on part or all of the screen.

I believe that I see the border issue in the image above. I don't know what would cause it. It's only 3 months old and should be under warranty, have you contacted support?
I did. but since my location is way far from an Acer Service Center and due to the pandemic, I cannot have it checked.

Oddba11

Jim
You could compare it to another laptop or two of the same brand/model. It's entire possible that the bezel simply doesn't cover (ie: hide) all of the unused portion of the LCD. In other words, the black part that you are seeing is not meant to display, it's just the natural edge of the panel and is not hidden by the bezel. This is common to some extent on all screens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online