1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LCD Lights up but no picture

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bascotie, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bascotie

Bascotie Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I am having difficulty troubleshooting an LCD screen for an HP Pavilion DV4 laptop. The screen lights up but not even the bios show up. It has a couple times but next time I try to turn it on, it goes away. An external monitor works fine. I disassembled and laptop, checked all monitor connections and they look fine..

At this point, can I rule out a power inverter since the screen DOES light up?

I want to say it is the cable going from the monitor to motherboard, what do you guys think? Thanks!

Doing a little more research I found that this typically means a bad LCD CABLE or a bad MONITOR. Now, this is kind of urgent so I don't want to order both if I don't need to. Is there a way to test this without a spare =/?

2. steve_qid

steve_qid

it could be the signal interface on LCD or video card as well. Not really a way to test aside from using a spare

3. Bascotie

Bascotie Thread Starter

Yeah =/ Sometimes I wish I was an electrician too, then maybe I could test these things without needing a spare hehe

4. Bascotie

Bascotie Thread Starter

Tried another LCD cable to no avail. Gave it back to the customer since I didn't have the time or resources to test out other components

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice