1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LCD monitor display shows for a second and than nothing (but display light stays on)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DocShock, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DocShock

DocShock Thread Starter

I have a Benq FP7IE+ monitor that has suddenly stopped working. Here's the breakdown:

-when you turn the monitor on when hooked to a computer it will sometimes show the display for a brief moment (ie. showed HP booting screen at startup) and than stops displaying, but the blue light stays on the unit as if it is receiving a display. Other times it will display nothing at all, but the blue light stays on.

-with the blue light on if you attempt to press any of the menu buttons on the monitor itself again nothing is displayed.

-I don't believe that it's a refresh rate or driver issue even though I reinstalled the driver and hooked the monitor to PC running in safe mode and still no display (even though the blue light stays on).

-not the VGA cable, tried another, same result.

-hooked monitor to PC with the identical monitor working on it, same result, no display.

-if you unplug the power cord from the monitor and then plug back in and power back on it will always show the "Benq - Energy Star Qualified Monitor" screen as bright as ever, but then nothing is display even though blue light stays on.

-tried monitor on 3 different computers, no display on any of them.

Any idea what might be causing this? I apologize for being so long winded, but I wanted to include as many details as possible.

2. DocShock

DocShock Thread Starter

No ideas on this?

3. tony oh

tony oh

I think since you tried it in other PC's and it still didn't work ... it's the monitor.

Is it still in warranty.

This has happened to me and they just replaced it.

4. defuse3388

defuse3388

IMO you should replace the monitor.

5. DocShock

DocShock Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. The unit is about 2 years old now, so no warranty. I have replaced it w/ an old CRT I had laying around.

6. tony oh

tony oh

You should check as I was checking the warranty on mine and on their website the monitor was covered for 2 years.

You might be lucky.

7. {-O-}Biggun

{-O-}Biggun

You should check BenQ's website for the warranty on your monitor as most Benq monitors have a 3 year manufactures warranty.

This problem must be a common fault with that monitor. As I had exactly the same problem and so did a friend of mine.
    Benq replaced our monitors and within 3 weeks they both developed the same fault again.
    I will never buy another Benq product.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/631877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice