lcd monitor "inaccurate mode"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

domers1

i purchase my mother a xerox 19 inch lcd monitor for xmas. when i hooked it up it displays "inaccurate mode" & the new monitor won't let me make any other changes so i had to hook back-up the old monitor & went into display & tried to change the mode (there were several) but that didn't help (my mother has an old emachine with windows 98me)
We are now left with the new lcd monitor saying "inaccurate mode" and the old monitor (after i made changes to the modes) "out of range". upon receiving these messages on both monitors i cannot make any changes..the computer won't allow me to get into the "control panel"..Any ideas? Thanks.

I assume by 'innacurate mode' it is telling you that the resolution is set too low, and not native (default) for the LCD. You can fix that by going into display settings and changing the resolution (usually to 1024 x 768, but may be higher for yours).

However, to fix the 'out of range' problem, try booting to safe mode (tap F8 on bootup), then go in to display settings and change the refresh rate frequency down to 60-70Hz. Older monitors can't handle higher refresh rates.
Once you have done that, reboot normally, and all should be good. Then go in and change the resolution, and reconnect the LCD (or do that first - either way).

Scorp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online