1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LCD Monitor Switching off and on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dragonlord_Warlo, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonlord_Warlo

Dragonlord_Warlo Thread Starter

Hello.

I have a Hyundi D90+ LCD Monitor that worked fine, recently however after I left the PC and came back and met it in power down mode, it would turn on then off and I had to move the mouse again for it to turn off again. Now it turns off and on constantly even as soon as I turn it on and the computer is still in POST. So I know it is not the OS (I run Linux). It not the cables because I use the same cables with my Viewsonic and it works fine.

My first guess would be the inverter, but I never had to troubleshoot a LCD monitor before. I read on a web search that it could be a stuck power button but I played with it and it still is displaying the same problem.

Any suggestions?????

2. silvershield

silvershield

I had an old HP Flat panel vf15 monitor with the same problem. It was the power inverter (I could hear a squealing noise on power cycles). I had to get it replaced.

But before you do that, check your refresh rates, resolutions and video card drivers.

3. Dragonlord_Warlo

Dragonlord_Warlo Thread Starter

I do not think it driver or resolutions, as it occurs at the very start of the POST (Power On Self Test) before any OS is loaded, which is in many cases is the standard text mode resolution. I am having no trouble with my ViewSonic which I connected after, same resolution and settings. I connect it to my older computer running Windows and see what happens but I suspect the same problem will occur.

I'll update on what happens when I test it on the other system.

Update: Tested the monitor with my Windows system and same problem at POST so it not even reaching the boot process, so it is definitely the monitor and not a driver or other configuration problem. So it looks like the inverter.... Guess weekend it be time to go shopping for an inverter.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice