LCD Monitor Trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mat8754

Hi, so I just recently bought this monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014139
a 22 inch benq. My question pertains to the audio aspect. The monitor has no speakers and the inputs are hdmi, d-sub, and dvi. I have my xbox 360 hooked up to it through HDMI but I want to know how to hook up my pc computers to this monitor so I can get sound going out of my 360 since the hdmi only gives me video because of the lack of monitor speakers. Many people who have written reviews for the product say they have their xbox and ps3's hooked up through hdmi but no one mentions audio. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

There monitor hookup has nothing whatever to do with audio as you have discovered.

The Xbox has L and R audio RCA jacks, you can either connect a set of amplified PC speakers direct to these, or use a 2 x RCA - 3.5mm stereo plug cable from the Xbox to your Line In on the PC.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online