1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Janaid, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janaid

Janaid Thread Starter

Im looking to buy a new monitor cos i have had the same one for about 5yrs so it is well old and nasty.

i want a gd LCD monitor, basically the best i can get with about £300-£350.

Must be gd with playin games and it would help if i could get some info about wat i should be lookin out for when tryin to find one.

bare in mind im in the UK so only can buy from UK stores or websites

thanks
    janaid

2. deuce

deuce

For that money, you can get a good 17". I would personally suggest Viewsonic. I'm partial to the flat screens though. No matter what, they are better than LCDs and though they take up more space, are much cheaper and give crisper graphics. But it's all personal choice.....LCDs are nice. If it were me, I would pocket some of that money and just buy a Viewsonic 19" or 21" flatscreen. You can get the 19 for around 250 USD or if you do alot of graphics work you can get the 21 for 500. (not sure what they go for in the UK but I'm assuming it should just be accurate to the exchange rate. But again it depends on personal preference and what you will be using it for.

3. Janaid

Janaid Thread Starter

yeah, im goin for the "that looks really nice" approach so i want a flat screen which looks really nice and looks gd when playin games like half life or somethin like that, bit unsure about what i should be lookin for in terms of specifications and so on, here are a few examples:

high contrast (400:1)
    brightness (300 cd/m2)
    200mhx graphic speed processor
    dual input DVi-D (digital) and HD15 (analogue)
    0.7 megapixels (1024x768) native resolution

havent got a clue what all this stuff means, could someone translate this to english please?

thanks
    janaid

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice