LCD Monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wdro

I recently got a NEC myltisync LCD 1735NXM monitor that came with my new PC. I noticed that the graphics are not as great as my old CRT monitor. Is it true that flat panels are not as good as CRT or is it just the quality of my LCD mon or its settings? Also I have to stick with the 1280 by 1024 screen resolution. If I use anything lower, the text will appear blurry. Is this normal?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
LCD monitors will only give you good quality at their native resolution, in your case that would appear to be 1280x1024, correct.

You may need to load the monitor drivers if the colors are off, to adjust for the correct color balance.

wdro

You may need to load the monitor drivers if the colors are off, to adjust for the correct color balance.
How do I do that? :confused:

wdro

This is kind of complicated but I think I can do it. What will it do to my monitor?

it may fix saturated, blurry looking, unclear colours and correct colour balance as was mentionned above.

wdro

Thanks. I followed the instructions but my monitor is already detected. One of the controls the LCD mon has is 'Phase'. What does it do and what is the optimal setting for it? Right now it is at 80. I don't notice any difference when I adjust it. I set the color temperature to User. Is it fine too?

One more question: Why is the DVD movie quality on my PC not as good as the quality on my home dvd player? Is it the problem of my dvd-rom or my LCD screen? The dvd-rom I have is an HP Lightscirbe dvd+/- writer/CD-writer. It came with the PC 3 months ago.

Oh, why didn't you mention that you had an HP PC, lol! HP LCDs are known to be BAD. You may not be having any problems at all, it's just a sucky LCD... My friend had an HP PC, and when he started using the HP LCD, he thought that it was faulty, so he returned it, only to discover that the new one he got sucked just as much....

djhc0191 said:
Oh, why didn't you mention that you had an HP PC, lol! HP LCDs are known to be BAD. You may not be having any problems at all, it's just a sucky LCD... My friend had an HP PC, and when he started using the HP LCD, he thought that it was faulty, so he returned it, only to discover that the new one he got sucked just as much....
I recently got a NEC myltisync LCD 1735NXM monitor

first thread from poster, confused ya didnt i?

This is why i stick with my good ole crt monitors, my 19" NEC true flat screen was under $200, picture is beautiful and all i did was plug it in.

Oh yeah! My bad! Sorry... I also stick with CRTs, I have a 23" Sony which cost one hell of alot at the time I bought it, but that was like 6 years ago, and it still works like a dream! I have the room to put a big bulky CRT, but some people don't have space, so they go with LCDs. It's the sacrifice of quality for space... Honestly, I have yet to see an LCD that rivals the quality of my CRT.

djhc0191 said:
Oh yeah! My bad! Sorry... I also stick with CRTs, I have a 23" Sony which cost one hell of alot at the time I bought it, but that was like 6 years ago, and it still works like a dream! I have the room to put a big bulky CRT, but some people don't have space, so they go with LCDs. It's the sacrifice of quality for space... Honestly, I have yet to see an LCD that rivals the quality of my CRT.
amen;) yeah, at work they bought 21" crtz back in the 90's, they were like $3000

wdro

So is NEC bad too? And sorry for the confusion. I had an HP PC (HP is a bad brand? :( ) It came with an NEC LCD mon in a package. I have an old IBM CRT mon but it was so heavy for my computer desk that my desk is crooked because of the weight.

So the quality of the dvd movie has nothing to do with the dvd-rom? My cousin has a Dell LCD mon, do you think it is better?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online