LCD monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bruinator

Banned
What can I use to cover my screen so I won't get finger prints on it. I am looking for something cheap in price say under $10.

Also, what is the best thing to use to clean the screen without a cover?

TIA

DoubleHelix

Banned
Unless this is a touch screen, how would you get fingerprints on it? Monitors are for viewing, not touching.

they sell screen covers cheap check newegg, i just spray windex on a paper towel then wipe off

DoubleHelix

Banned
I've never seen "covers" or "protectors" for LCD monitors. Since they're not designed to be touched, there's little point in protecting one from fingerprints like you would an iPod screen. There are hundreds of articles and recommendations on cleaning LCD screen including many posts here. I just wipe mine with a washable LCD dusting cloth.

What about an anti glare screen? Covers the whole screen, cuts down glare (althoughlargely irrelevent), and stops most things getting on the screen :)

What can I use to cover my screen so I won't get finger prints on it. I am looking for something cheap in price say under $10.

Also, what is the best thing to use to clean the screen without a cover?

TIA
Why not check the manufacturer of your monitor's website? They usually have instructions on care of monitor. Did you get a manual with your monitor? If so, check it also. Most LCD manufacturers suggest using a soft DAMP (not wet) cloth to clean screen. I question putting something in front of the screen, since most of them are anti-glare. The best way to solve fingerprint on the screen problem is to keep your hands off the screen. You need to be very careful not to damage the screen and touching it is not recommended. I think if any makers of monitors thought there was a reason to put something over the screen, they would be pushing the product - just for the extra $ - and I haven't seen any. (I have looked at quite a few monitor websites in the last few days because I had to replace a defective monitor on my pc). I never ran across such an item.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online