1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LCD monitor's blinking/blacking out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheElo, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheElo

TheElo Thread Starter

Hello. So yesterday, I was playing a game, and my monitor went black, even though, power supply was good and power button was on. Restarted my pc, repluged power supply/cables, but it was still blacking out.
    So I plugged in another monitor, and it started blinking in random periods of time (power button is still on always), it went black completely few times, but I just turned off and on again, but now, it blackouts for couple of minutes every few minutes...

So where's the problem? My computer is new, bought it not even a month ago, and it was all fine...

2. DELL_deepa

DELL_deepa Account Closed

Hi TheElo,

My name is Deepa and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Please do let us know which computer you are using and what model it is so that we can help you in a better way.

3. TheElo

TheElo Thread Starter

Well, my computer:
    ASRock P67 Pro3 B3
    MSI GTX 560 Twin Frozr II 1GB
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    650W power supply

4. DELL_deepa

DELL_deepa Account Closed

Hi,

I really cant help unless it comes to the Dell System but I highly recommend updating the BIOS of the system anyway. You can refer to this link which might be helpful :-
    http://tinyurl.com/4pk75lu

Although I would be searching on this and would reply in case I get some resolution.

Please share the feedback in case that helps ….

Thanks
    DELL- Deepa R

5. Megabite

Megabite

Could be your Video Card but in any case as it was just bought get in touch with the people you bought it off so they can get it fixed.

6. TheElo

TheElo Thread Starter

Updated BIOS, same problem.
    About sending GPU, well, we don't if GPU REALLY causing the problem, + it would take money and time to get my GPU to the other city.

7. Megabite

Megabite

You said "My computer is new, bought it not even a month ago"

does that mean you bought your video card for it separately?

8. TheElo

TheElo Thread Starter

I bought all parts from the same shop, except CPU, which was from the different one.

9. Megabite

Megabite

As a test try getting into Safe Mode

How to Start in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
    2. Before the windows logo you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
    3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
    4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
    5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode..

10. TheElo

TheElo Thread Starter

As far as I'm in Safe Mode, not a single blink/blackout occured. So maybe the problem is with the GPU drivers?

11. Megabite

Megabite

Yes I would try that next......re install the drivers from the disc that came with the video card

12. TheElo

TheElo Thread Starter

Installed, same problem.

13. Megabite

Megabite

Power cable connected to Vid card

And try reseatting the video card

14. TheElo

TheElo Thread Starter

I reseatted GPU yesterday. Monitor and power cables are all connected and all good, not damaged from outside... Still, no effect...

15. Megabite

Megabite

Think you may have a faulty Video card as you say you have tried 2x monitors.....I suppose you have checked the cable to the monitors?

Do you have another old Video card to try in it or can you try that one in another PC to rule out the MB slot.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice