1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LCD Monitors

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by klinger1, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. klinger1

klinger1 Thread Starter

Looking for ideas on LCD monitors good bad or recommendations or a place to get reviews on monitors and where to buY !! Thanks

2. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

I don't like LCD's .. I prefer a CRT .. Decision is yours .. they both have pro's and con's

Look here for a deal: www.fatwallet.com

3. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG

LCD's i never had one yet......still have the CRT............

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I like my Samsung 19" "Syncmaster 912n" ... will never go back to CRT.
    IMO ... more pros than cons
    I think they're on sale at BBuys this week (today).
    The newer version is the 930

5. Rotgut

Rotgut

I've been using the Viewsonic vx900 for a long while now. It's a great monitor. The only thing I don't like after a while of use is the monitor frame is silver/gray instead of black. It wasn't offered in black. After downloading the correct drivers on initial installation, the monitor has been a pleasure. I will never go back to a CRT.

6. Donuil

Donuil

I always preferred CRT's. Recently (3 months ago) because of a new work space I had to change to LCD. Samsung 930e. It has proved to be a great replacement for the CRT. The only thing I will say is a LCD does not work well if you try to use it in anything but its native resolution. For example if your vision impaired and need to use a low resolution of say 800 by 600 you will not be happy with the resulting display. Most LCD's I think use 1024 by 768.

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

8. Alsha

Alsha

Desktop -> right click -> properties -> Appearance -> Effects -> "Use the follwoing method to smooth edges of screen fonts" make it "Standard"

this improved MY LCD alot .. i have SyncMaster 710B

9. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I have had LCD, can't keep them. Minus the desk space saved I only LCD to surf the net.
    Use only CRT right now, and my TV sometimes.

10. Fizban

Fizban

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/399595