1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lcd monitors

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by survivor, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. survivor

survivor Thread Starter

Does anyone have any information as to quality of either of these monitors::
    Proview 713s2
    IC Power CM 2017
    Thanks

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

3. survivor

survivor Thread Starter

Just checked the pc tech site but it shows the Hanns G monitor.My question was on the Proview PL 713s2 or the IC power CM 2017 Thanks

4. ~Candy~

I understood that, was just throwing that one out for consideration ;)

5. ~Candy~

6. survivor

survivor Thread Starter

Just ordered the 19 inch Hanns G from PC connection $109 after rebates. Hope it is a decent monitor.

7. ~Candy~

Let us know what you think (y) I think we should sign up for some commission :D

On the rebates, keep copies of everything and be sure you cross the t's and dot the i's ;)

They want the UPC code WITH the Serial Number.....sometimes that is a trip up for folks used to just sending the UPC code ;)

8. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Although I'm late, I'll throw in my 2 cents. ;) I have a Proview. It's great.

9. ~Candy~

*Candy hand cheeseball back one cent :p :D *

I had a Pro View CRT monitor, you know the ones that weigh about 200 pounds :eek: That was indestructable.

10. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Ooo I'm rich :D

11. John Burns

John Burns

:eek: I kept copies of everything, BUT in looking at my submission, it appears I submitted the UPC Code sticker, but left the serial number sticker off - I found I still have four stickers with serial number on them. However, I did submit the original packing slip with the serial number from the outside of the carton, AND the serial number is on the Proof of Purchase I submitted with the rebate form. Do you think they will accept thoae, or will they give me a chance to submit the serial number sticker? I thought I was being very thorough, but obviously, I wasn't. I did send the submission Certified Mail - so maybe they will contact me if they need additional info?????

Wish I had read your post before I mailed the rebate.

12. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Normally, you get to send in missing info if they ask for it. I have pretty good luck with rebates, but you have to read the fine print and be careful to submit all the stuff they ask for.

13. JohnWill

Unless you get something totally different than all of mine, you should like it. The three I currently have work great, and they also have no detectable bad pixels.

14. ~Candy~

I'm guessing that you may be asked to resubmit. Like John said, MOST companies will allow that. I did run into one (KWorld Media, whom I will never buy another product from) who, even though they either lost my rebate, or claimed they never received it, refused to take resubmissions. I cried foul to Fry's Electronics and they gave me a $30 instore voucher...so, that made me happy once again :D

We hooked this one up yesterday, and at first glance, it looks great. Like I said, we're using it as a TV setup, so it's hard to judge the 'computer' quality aspect of it, but we're happy with it :)

15. JohnWill

There was a guy a while back that omitted the serial # from the $90 Hanns-G rebate, and they allowed him to send it in after the fact.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice