LCD screen cleaning help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rbuck

My 20" LCD screen has no dead pixels (I guess a pixel is one block in a grid) and looks ok when displaying. However, when the monitor is off, there are cloudy (smdgy) looking places on the screen. They are quite pronounced! Should I be concerned and try cleaning the screen with alcohol.water mix? Maybe I should ignore it? Monitor is nearly three yearss old.

Easy to clean (if this is the problem). Get a clean lint-free cloth and lightly dampen a corner of it. Use the damp part to clean the screen; use the dry part to dry it.

Don't use alcohol as it may damage the treated surface.

Courtney

Some might frown on this, but it's what I do and it works just fine.

Take some Windex and spray it on to a lint-free cloth. Wipe gently with the wet side, turn over and wipe again with the dry side. (similar to what Courtney posted above)

Don't ever spray anything directly on to the screen as it can drip down and seep in between the screen and it's casing. BAD. :)

Very good, Jones, that would work too. Keep in mind though, if you have a monitor that has been treated for glare, the alcohol in the Windex will damage the surface. I have the Gateway to prove it.

Courtney

Check out this site for cleaning an LCD screen. I've used it with no probs. NEVER use commercial glass cleaning products (like Windex) that contain alcohol and/or ammonia and NEVER spray any liquid directly on the screen.

Raybro

rbuck

Tried the water and dry soft cloth. All seemed to go well. Thanks for the advise guys (and gals?) !
Rbuck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts