1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LCD TV Noise when connected to laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alwaysintrouble, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alwaysintrouble

alwaysintrouble Thread Starter

Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I have a Philips LCD TV which I've connected to my Gateway M1615 laptop in order to watch movies. I get a weird static sound from the TV speakers when video is playing, and it doesn't matter whether the source is streaming (netflix) or a file played via VLC player or Media Player. The sound gets worse as more is going on with the audio...what I mean is, it's not as bad when its just people talking, but when there's an action scene or music it gets very pronounced. I have HDMI out from the computer and am using a regular HDMI cable that works fine with my DVD player. Any ideas?

2. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble

If it is new, recently purchased, take it back to the shop and get a replacement.

We bought one of a different brand (or different badge perhaps!) and when I took it back to the store I was told that it is not an unusual fault, it's just that some people's hearing pick it up and some don't...

I can imagine this post is going to start some really paranoid thinking for those who have just recently bought a LCD Tv....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/886196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice