LCD v. LCD tv

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cheaperbydoz

I am looking to buy an lcd monitor to use with my desktop, I would also like to use it to watch dvd's from my desktop dvd player. Is it better to purchase a lcd tv monitor or a computer lcd... my primary concern is the visual quality of DVD's...thanks a lot!!!

I think a good LCD monitor would be good, I find LCD tv's to be too $$ a dinky 15 inch can run 300! *bleh* Plus they give off some heat for a small tv, lot cooler then plasmas, but just make shure you use the warrenty ;)
we had a 17 in tv in our kitchen, but it only lasted us a few years :( my PC monitor has lasted me lot longer, the only down side is the pink line that wont go away, lol. *its a refurbished NEC* So i'd say PCMonitor

heres a good compair site :D
http://www.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdtv-crt.shtml

LCD TVs that double as computer monitors tend to be a bit nasty, like a maximum resolution of 800x600 for a 20" one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online