LCD Video Card Display fades to white

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

muellerj

My friend asked me to take a look at her computer, and I wanted to get some opinions before I check it out. Apparently, the Monitor (Dell LCD) will intermittently fade to all white. It apparently happens at random (can go a couple of days without doing it). I would have to think that it might be the monitor because if the video card was improperly seated I would think that the problem wouldn't be intermittent. Another possiblity I thought of was the video card overheating, but I suspect that it is an integrated video card (which would also lend me to think it's the monitor). I know I'll have to check it out myself, but I haven't had any problems with an LCD monitor before so I was wondering if the "Fade to White" problem is something common with them. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

what makes you think that it is a hardware problem? when a card goes bad or is not seated correctly, you don't get any video at all (like it's not even plugged in).

have you updated to the latest windows and video drivers?

muellerj

I haven't checked it out yet. I just wanted to know if LCD monitors could have a problem like this because I have never had to troubleshoot them before.

Try another monitor on the computer - trade your monitor for your friend's and see which one will "fade to white".

Reseat your connections and try the monitor on a different computer like steveb1492 said. I have seen laptop screens go comply white which was fixed by a new lcd screen. Basically the back light is on and no pixels are turned on so the light shines through.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online