1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

League of Legends computer freezing

Discussion in 'Games' started by kadams0914, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kadams0914

kadams0914 Thread Starter

Hello,

For the last few days, my computer screen periodically freezes whilst playing games of League of Legends. I'm running Windows 7 on a laptop, and I've never had any problems like this before. The only thing related I can think of is some issues when iTunes is running in the background playing music during League of Legends games. The freezes that I'm currently experiencing happen once or twice a game and can last anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds. In addition, I recently had my computer just randomly shut down in the middle of the game with no warning. I was playing and the screen started flickering and then shut down. When I pressed the power button, the game came back almost instantly.

I have no idea what causes these issues. I know absolutely nothing about computer hardware.

Thanks!

2. Manianjwz

Manianjwz

Can you provide me with some of your system specifications?
    I had the same problem on my old pc when playing LoL or WoW, and they made my pc just freeze when having iTunes or YouTube open. The reason your pc freezes could be that your pc can't handle the graphics.
    On laptops it can be that it is getting overheated, I suggest you should check your CPU temperature and make sure it is not above maximum, keep it on the average temperature. To be able to check this, download SpeedFan 4.4.7 (latest version), this allows you to check the CPU temperature and other hardware temp.
    Also, do you have an antivirus program? which? you should scan like every week. last tip is to keep as few as possible programs on when playing

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice