Learning Linux Commands

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aric49

Hello Everyone,

Out of curriousity and fun, i want to learn some linux command line commands. I`m pretty much a linux newbie. What I plan on doing is getting an oldschool laptop with like 16 megs of ram or so and load up a version of linux thats purely just command line, no GUI and mess around with it to learn about it.

The only distro of linux i have is ubuntu, can you install that without a GUI??? If so, any tips would be greatly appretiated...

Thanks,

Aric

Why bother to install? What's wrong of running it as a Live CD? You can choose terminal mode in any Live CD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online