Learning new things

Blitze105

I am not posotive why I am posting this.. however i am still gonna post it.

When i joined my frist forum.. I didn't even know what Windows was! I had no idea what a registry, cmd prompt, or anything near that was. Since then i have learned a lot. I can edit my own registry- to my liking-, i am not bad with manually deleting infections on computers, i have "learned" html, i learned binary, and i have learned hexidecimal. Currently, I'm learning C++ and tryhing my best to get it down. These aren't great things, i am not bragging, i am just saying that I'm learning new things and i enjoy it! Who else? (maybe i posted this to make sure im not alone?)
-blitze

PS
or maybe im just crazy o_O

Yous Crazy Alfalfa ..

Actually thats why computers are so cool. You get to have fun and learn somethin at the same time.

Soon as your up to it figure this one out for me would ya?

Permently delete c:\program files\xerox

As well as a couple others.

Cheers
Cowboy

the xerox folder isnt doing anything bad to you... no one sees it... it doesnt matter.

and blitze, i have also learned a lot.. before TSG i didnt even know why a EDO ram chip wouldnt fit into a DDR ram slot... i knew some stuff but i didnt know any of the hardware info i know (i can build a computer from scratch now, wich isnt really that hard once you know what you're doing.) i learned about the dangers of p2p, spyware, hackers, etc... and people love it now when i come over to fix their computers :D

my first thread as the 'i hate ram' noob :p

http://forums.techguy.org/t150696.html

Blitze105

lol! i remember when i heard a thread, "I gently tapped-witha hammer- my cpu into place" rofl!

Anyhow, yes im glad its so fun and enjoyable! And im sorry im crazy! Any one know what else i should learn next?
-blitze

learn how to use the knowledge you have to rip-off your freinds, neighbors, enemies, collegues, co-workers, etc... like i did

20 bucks an hour for computer repair... mmmm

Blitze105

I do practical jokes more than anything to my friends. My all time favorite: making a desktop shutdown icon disquised as a good old IE or something they use often.
-blitze

PS
i don't do this alot.. only when they deserve it though

Blitze105

It's fun because they get mad and it doesn't do any harm to the computer! Some of my friends need that thing i swear they never turn off their computer. Its on for months at a time.. im like let it sleep!
-blitze

for the most part all I do is the good old rename the recycle bin registry hack,
quite harmless, but still enjoyable when all the right clicking and property sheet inspecting wont do a lick of good

bought my first computer bout 2 yrs ago, a piece of crud eMachine bought for $40, that I had to borrow someone's Xp disk to actually get operating as a computer, trashed it, sold it for $40 to the Computer repair shop I now work for as a PC support Tech, attending DeVry University(sounds nice don't it? not worth it), taught myself HTML, some Javascript & C++ ,and crankin thru PHP and MySQL rightnow, now run my own website from home, have 7 computers on my own home network and the biggest ball of wires imaginable behind my desk.
and a wife that just smiles and nods when I talk about the latest and greatest hardware to be released, or the cool World Wind thing NASA just released, etc, etc.

Blitze105

Colossus610 said:
and a wife that just smiles and nods when I talk about the latest and greatest hardware to be released, or the cool World Wind thing NASA just released, etc, etc.

You should see my girlfriend, i wonder sometimes if she is paying attention or not. She can really pull of the "im payin attention scam," better than any one i have ever seen atleast... but hey it keeps things interesting.
-blitze

PS
where did u learn C++?

big fat book from Barnes & Noble, so basically learned it at my "throne" lol

i had already been playing around with writing plugins for AMXMod for counter-strike, and was told it was very C-like, so I figured what the heck, y not?

The C++ book i got was SAMS' Teach yourself C++ in 21 days(I know, sounds cheesy, right?), but I think I may ned to get another more "technically" applicable book

havent played CStrike much since my favorite server got shutdown, cuz the guy's ISP caught on to the bandwidth usage, so I haven't had much interest in the plugins for AMXMod and hence, C++ lately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online