1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

leasefired cpu ? fried motherboard?? help me out plt

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dlg0187, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

built my cousin a computer and i also built my self a computer
    (same motherboard and cpu) mobo is ecs k7s5a pro with amd athlon xp 2200. everythin was going right for a month when
    i started hearing noises from the fan. turned out the blade of the cpu fan was hittin against the cable. so i pulled it gently and i guess i pulled a little to hard and the fan started going slower. i dont know what happened ???? the fan was still turning but not like new. i shut down the comp. i tried to restart but the computer wont turn on. i have a neon light in there and everytime i turn on the comp, the lights go on and everythin like normal. but after a couple of seconds, the lights start to flicker and the fans go slower. if i take the cpu out, everything works like normal everythin turns on and the lights and fans all work right. the cpu gets really hot and i mean really hot. when you turn on the comp, you could smell the heat. i dont think its normal. cpu isnt chipped, burned no, it looks like new nothin is burned. you cant see anythin wrong with it but i think somthin got fried when i tried to fix the fan.so, take out the cpu=everythin works, put in the cpu= lights flicker fans act weird. i put in a new atx power supply so thas not it.took out the mobo from case and turned it on outside so its not the case.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sounds like the cpu might be damaged - do not expect to see any visible damage. If your cousin has an identical system swap parts til you find the culprit.

3. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

thanks for the reply but i dont want to mess up anything else on my cuzins comp. but if you say so, the cpu is trash. ill have to buy a new 1

4. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

does any one know if my mother board might still work ? it seems ok without the cpu

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/148066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice