Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LED backlight

760 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a ASUS K42 Series K42JY-A1 Notebook and I had been working fin until now. I had used it already several times today, but tonight, when I went to turn it on from sleep mode, it did not respond, at least not that I could tell. After turning it off and on several times with no success, I noticed that at certain angles I could see features of the screen. As it turns out, there is no working light for my screen anymore, though it still operates fine otherwise (at least as far as I can tell with my impaired vision). I also used the brightness buttons on the keyboard to adjust the brightness in case it had somehow gotten turned down, however it was at the brightest possible setting. I also tried plugging the charger in to see if that gave me any different results, but to no avail. Have my backlights been turned off somehow? and if so, how can I turn them back on? or are my backlights somehow broken and should I contact ASUS for support?

Thank you.

#2 ·
As you suspect this looks like the backlight has failed. Being able to see a faint image on-screen means the rest of the laptop is still working.

I doubt there is any way to turn the backlight off deliberately.

As it's still under warranty I would contact Asus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.