1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LED Efficiency at Half the Cost

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by lotuseclat79, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Thread Starter

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Dimmable and more efficient than LEDs... that's impressive. Well written article, too.

3. valis

valis Moderator

subscribing to this one, but not closing it yet.

4. paisanol69

paisanol69

It's a great breakthrough,

however, at $ 20.00 each, and only putting out the equivalent of 65 watts it's not going to be a hot item for the homeowner yet, IMO.

It's way too expensive, since it's cost/lifetime use factor, at the manufactures' own admittance, is(compared to a standard light bulb) roughly $ 6.60 at the worst, and $ 3.30 at best.

when is the last time you were willing to pay even the cheapest $ 3.30 for a standard 65 watt light bulb.

And it's also great that it can be dimmed, however at 65 watts output, you most likely aren't going to be using a dimmer all that much. A 65 watt spotlight is not going to throw that much light.

I hope this technology takes off quickly, since we all need a better type of efficient/environmentally friendly option for home lighting, whats out there now is a good start, but not where we need to be yet!

5. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Unardrinsspak, I am going to delete your post, as it has nothing to do with this thread. If you have a question, or need help with something please start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

6. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    I'm closing it Tim. Same reason.

My apologies to Tom. Sorry, old sport, but you seem to be a spam magnet tonight. :(

7. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

LEDS don't last long either they seam to fail prematurely also like in flashlights etc. $20 for a light bulb is expensive but i think once production increased prices will go down. calculators used to cost 100's of dollars when they first came out now you can find them for $1.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice