1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

left button not working on synaptics touchpad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bambi_86, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bambi_86

bambi_86 Account Closed Thread Starter

I turned on my 6 months old Acer Aspire One as usual and realised that something was wrong with my mouse. The left button simply doesn't work. Neither does tapping the touchpad. Nothing happens no matter how many times I push or tap. I can move the cursor around just fine and the right mousebutton still works. I can also plug in a USB mouse and use that instead.
    I have checked the mouse properties. Under the tab "Hardware" the mouse is listed "Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad", and the unit status says it works correctly. I also checked the preferences, and both tapping and buttons are activated and set to normal.
    I have tried restarting, removing the battery and Fn-F7 without any luck.
    I have also tried switching preferences to left-handed - that gave a funny result: Both the right button and tapping the touchpad functioned like a right-click except now they could also for instance close a window and open the start-menu. The left-button still didn't have any function what so ever.
    Hope someone can help me.

2. fatcat44

fatcat44

I would suggest replacing the touchpad and buttons.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/852083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice