Left click and double tap doesn't respond occasionally

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computerhelp101

my left click doesn't work. even when i touch my touch pad twice to double click it won't either
and then i went to control panel and switched the left function with the right function.
the left clicked worked and did the functions of the right click but the right click didn't do anything

This always happen after like an hour of use and the it will work again after half an hour and then stop working after half an hour.

But then after i restart it it works again!

Thats a simple solution but i hate continually doing this.

This always happens. About 1 hour into using my ACER Aspire E1-522 laptop the left click and the double tap of the touch pad stops working. ARG!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The Acer Aspire E1-522 laptop/notebook appears to have a Synaptics or Elantech touchpad.

You didn't say which touchpad driver version is installed nor which Windows version is installed in that laptop.

Reinstalling or updating the touchpad driver may resolve the issue.

If there's an unknown hardware issue with the touchpad, connecting and using an external wireless mouse would be the quickest resolution.

--------------------------------------------------------

computerhelp101

Synaptics touchpad v7.5
Windows 8
Sorry.
I have rolled back and reinstalled drivers but still I get the same issue.
Using an external mouse helps but I don't want to always crry an external mouse.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Synaptics touchpad v7.5
Windows 8
You didn't say if that laptop/notebook is running Windows 8 64-bit or Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Go here, then select Notebook - Aspire - Aspire E1-522

Select the Driver tab, then select the correct Windows version.

The list of drivers will appear.

The listed driver version for the Synaptics touchpad for Windows 8 64-bit is 16.3.12.1

The listed driver version for the Synaptics touchpad for Windows 8.1 64-bit is 17.0.6.13

The driver file is in ZIP format, so you need to download and save it inside an empty folder.

After that's done, extract its contents into that same folder.

Double-click the setup.exe file to install the driver.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online