Left click opens nothing. Having to right click.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TLHuston

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7550 @ 2.26GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4062 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 464057 MB, Free - 286184 MB; D: Total - 12877 MB, Free - 2034 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 3624
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Disabled
Started after I tried to put Norton on my computer. Kept getting all kinds of error messages, so I deleted Norton. Immediately after, LEFT click stopped opening anything (except on this site, oddly enough). On eBay, hotmail, Amazon....anything other than this site, I have to RIGHT click, then chose Open. I saw this addressed in a few places, but didn't understand the fix that was suggested. One said to go to #18 on the home page. That didn't make sense to me. Would really like to just be able to LEFT click to open something. Thanks, y'all.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Mouse > Buttons > Button configuration > Untick the box.

Phantom is one of the best techs on this site. The steps he suggests are valid unless you have a wireless mouse (how do I know? I have a wireless MS Intellimouse, and the checkbox he wants you to uncheck isn't there/has been replaced by the mouse's special software). What he's trying to get you to do is change what the left and right buttons do. The reason you can change what they do is because some people are left-handed, so for them, you want the RIGHT button to do what the LEFT button does for a right-handed person. So if your mouse is wireless, look at the settings for each button and change them based on whether you're right- or left-handed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online