1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Left Click Opens Properties Pane - New Virus?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by SkylerBr, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkylerBr

SkylerBr Thread Starter

My computer has been having some problems lately and I really do not know what is going on.

I'm running a 2008 Toshiba laptop and about a month ago I started noticing that my cursor would randomly turn into a rainbow? this was the first problem I couldn't figure out, even going through forums and forums. Then I started noticing that every other website was being redirected to random spyware websites, even in the middle of viewing a website for over 3-4 minutes it could just randomly redirect me.

Finally, the most annoying thing of all has happened and I can't find ANYTHING about it; when I plug in my mouse everything works fine, but then i notice if i left click it'll open the property pane and also create a highlighted box.. basically any time i click anything, it acts as if i'm pressing the right click 5 times for every left click. This makes it very very difficult to click on links, play games, or virtually use my lap top at all. I have noticed something though, I swapped out my mouse for another and still had the same problem, BUT my touchpad doesn't have any of the problems above?? is it the driver for my USB mouse malfunctioning?

If you want the shorter version of that: My mouse changes into a rainbow randomly, i'm constantly redirected to websites for no reason, and my mouse will not stop spamming right click even when I left click but my touchpad doesn't have problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/983132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice