1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

left click sticks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcme, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mcme

mcme Thread Starter

I have a mouse that left clicks sticks from time to time but it is not just the mouse i am using but was also the mouse i used before replacing the last one. I have updated, restored, un-installed etc to no avail.Nothing was changed or added to the system before this starting happening. The stick problem doesn't occur at all times but does happen often enough. It is especially bothersome when playing L4D as I cannot use any automatic weapon without fear of friendly fire or if I am trying to highlight and paste, the first click doesn't always stop the highlighting. Anyone seen this before? i have combed many sites and searches but have found nothing that matches mine which I find hard to believe so am opening it up to the floor.

2. plus2plus

plus2plus

Buy another.

3. mcme

mcme Thread Starter

Guess you didn't read that it is the same problem with 2 differednt mice or else you wouldn't have left such a repyl as you did unless you were hoping to look benal.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Are these USB Mice or PS2 Mice? And is the Computer the one in your computer specs?

5. Hughv

Hughv

The only time I've seen this it was due to a mechanical problem, i.e., a liquid spill. I was able to disassemble and clean it, but it seems odd it would happen with two mice.

6. mcme

mcme Thread Starter

dustyjay: Both USB, one wirless one wired.
    hughv: not mechanical but have wondered if there is some driver amiss. anyone think of a driver that might get corrupted and cause this to happen.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice