1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Left pane in explorer stuck

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rogeroo, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogeroo

rogeroo Thread Starter

For some reason the left pane in my windows explorer is stuck in Folders view option and i want to set it back to the default view but can't.When i click on Explorer bar and uncheck the folders view it goes back to what i want but as soon as i close and re-open the window it goes back to folder option again.I have tried to reset the default to all foders in the folders options but still no change.I have also checked and unchecked the remember all folder settings but still no change.I think that something has been changed in the registry but i don't know where to look.Any help would be great.

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

set it like you want then try a restart

buck

3. rogeroo

rogeroo Thread Starter

Well for anyone interested i found the solution to this problem.I went to Tools-Folder Options-File Types and opened the advanced button on both File Folder and Folder tabs and found that the default settings were set to EXPLORER.I then changed the settings to OPEN and made this default.Then magically every thing is back to normal (yaaa!!).Thanks for any help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/189084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice