Left pane in explorer stuck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rogeroo

For some reason the left pane in my windows explorer is stuck in Folders view option and i want to set it back to the default view but can't.When i click on Explorer bar and uncheck the folders view it goes back to what i want but as soon as i close and re-open the window it goes back to folder option again.I have tried to reset the default to all foders in the folders options but still no change.I have also checked and unchecked the remember all folder settings but still no change.I think that something has been changed in the registry but i don't know where to look.Any help would be great.

rogeroo

Well for anyone interested i found the solution to this problem.I went to Tools-Folder Options-File Types and opened the advanced button on both File Folder and Folder tabs and found that the default settings were set to EXPLORER.I then changed the settings to OPEN and made this default.Then magically every thing is back to normal (yaaa!!).Thanks for any help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online