Leftovers from burning a CD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bytebabe

I'm not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but after burning CD's over the last year, do I have a build-up of music files that I need to get rid of on my system, or are they automatically dumped within a certain size or timeframe (like the Recycle Bin)?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Not sure I understand. Are you copying cd or downloading them and burning them. If you are copying, unless you save the image, you shouldn't have them anymore. Downloading, just find out where you are downloading to and clean out the folder.

Bytebabe

realtech said:
Not sure I understand. Are you copying cd or downloading them and burning them. If you are copying, unless you save the image, you shouldn't have them anymore. Downloading, just find out where you are downloading to and clean out the folder.
I often make a copy to have in my car, and then one in the house. Sometimes my daughter downloads and burns to CD.

The songs that are downloaded would be the only ones you should have to worry about. If you don't know where they are being downloaded to, you can open the program that you use to download them and one of the options like settings or something, will tell you their location. If I knew which program you were using, I might be able to tell you.

More than likely, in C:\program files\x
where "x" is the name of the program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online