Legacy Audio?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Peaker

When looking at my BIOS/CMOS at system startup I notice something called Legacy Audio in the Integrated Peripherals section. This appears to be seperate from my disable/enable onboard sound option.
Has anyone got any ideas what this Legacy Audio is?

Cheers,
Grant.
:confused:

HI

correct me if am wrong..

legacy sound deals with programs that run under dos. assuming you have a SB card, it will use 2 IRQ's one for the pci slot it is in the other for the legacy device.

back to your question. if it is disabled that means you might have problems running dos based programs that require sound.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!