1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Legacy Audio?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Peaker, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Peaker

Peaker Thread Starter

When looking at my BIOS/CMOS at system startup I notice something called Legacy Audio in the Integrated Peripherals section. This appears to be seperate from my disable/enable onboard sound option.
    Has anyone got any ideas what this Legacy Audio is?

Cheers,
    Grant.
    :confused:

2. twotymer05

twotymer05

it is your computers built in sound directory and it cannot be changed.

3. Peaker

Peaker Thread Starter

So could this cause a conflict with my S/Card if enabled?

4. Hanibal

Hanibal

HI

correct me if am wrong..

legacy sound deals with programs that run under dos. assuming you have a SB card, it will use 2 IRQ's one for the pci slot it is in the other for the legacy device.

back to your question. if it is disabled that means you might have problems running dos based programs that require sound.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60151

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice