Legacy Of Kain: Defiance problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

llooppyyx

When i go into SR2 everythings fine but then a movie starts playing and weather its over or not if i move the mouse within 10 seconds the game freezes and i cant do anyhing but reboot!!! PLZ HELP!!!

llooppyyx

When i go into the game the menu is all weird with color everywhere. If im fast enough i can click new game but then in like 10 seconds it crashes!!! With either blue screen or just freeze. So then i have to reboot my PC.

First, please only make one thread per problem...it just gets confusing when you have multiple threads going at the same time.

Second, did you do everything in this link? Do everything in that thread first, and if it still doesn't work, then post your system specs here using the DXDiag method in that link.

llooppyyx

yea i did all that, we had all our drivers updted like 3 weeks ago and i know our PC reaches the requirements because it used to work. I'v attached a DxDiag.

Attachments

Do any other games work?

Have you checked for an overheating problem? Run the game with the case off of the computer, and see if it lasts any longer. If it does, then something's overheating.

The DXdiag log file shows that system.dll is missing, try reinstalling DirectX.
If .NET 2.0 is installed then remove it as i've heard it's been causing a few problems with DirectX.
The DXdiag log also shows that your graphics card driver date in October 2005 the latest one was released last month.
Also worth trying is running the game in compatibility mode.

There are a few things you could try:

Download and install any available patches for the game.
Try compatibility mode.
Update all your hardware drivers.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Threads merged.

llooppyyx, please continue to reply here until this is resolved. Do not start new threads for the same problem.

If you want your thread moved to a different forum please us the *report* button and make the request.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online