1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Legal kazaa

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bobbydrza, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobbydrza

bobbydrza Thread Starter

Has anyone used the legal version of kazaa that is $20 and if you have how is it, is it worth the money.

2. smeegle

smeegle

No, you'll do better getting the legal version of Napster. Even though it says that is legal and even though you have to pay a fee, Kazaa is still up to its old wicked ways.

3. bobbydrza

bobbydrza Thread Starter

but can I download software, movies, and games on Napster?

4. smeegle

smeegle

No, its for music only. If you can find a site that you can legally download software and movies from, please let me know.

5. bobbydrza

bobbydrza Thread Starter

what do you mean about kazaa being up to it's old wicked ways?

6. smeegle

smeegle

Spy ware. I tried to use kazaa, legally, but was never able to download any music from it. They even had me download a different version of it. Still no luck. During my regular run of spybot I came across a number of baddies that were tracked directly back to kazaa. I uninstalled it and chalked the money lost to a bad experience. As time goes by you'll surely get responses from other members.

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

The $20 version of kazaa has nothing to do with legality. Supposedly, its for buying a spyware-free version of the software. No matter what software you buy, its still illegal to pirate music, movies, and games. Sorry.

8. dude189

dude189

I have seen ads for http://www.movielink.com

9. bobbydrza

bobbydrza Thread Starter

Does anyone know of any file sharing program that let's you downlod music, movies, and software for a monthly fee and is legal?

10. bobbydrza

bobbydrza Thread Starter

11. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

If you aren't paying for the music/movies, its probably illegal.
    http://movielink.com
    http://itunes.com
    Try those two
    Theres also a few others for music, such as Napster 2.0 and MusicMatch.

12. Holly3278

Holly3278

I've heard that Napster 2.0 is the best software to download LEGAL music from. You have to pay a montly fee but I would say it is probably worth it. No experience with Napster 2.0 though.

13. bobbydrza

bobbydrza Thread Starter

On Napster, can you burn your tracks without having to pay for it?

14. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

Kazaa is terrible. It has TONS of spyware, ad ware, and who knows WHAT else.

15. smeegle

smeegle

To dude189, thanks for the great link. I've seen other links like this but they all required broadband connections.

To bobbydrza, once you legally download music from Napster you can burn it to a cd without having to pay an additional fee. I use Musicmatch to burn my cd's. Musicmatch allows you to legally download music from their site for a fee as well but their catalog is not as large as Napster.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice