1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Legally downloading music

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Chough4, Oct 28, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Chough4

Chough4 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8050 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce MX250, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 953 GB (296 GB Free); E: 232 GB (169 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Standard, Standard
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
    Bit defender has been installed

I have spotify premium and have been able to download music and convert it for use elsewhere using itunes. I am assuming this is legal. I don't seem to be able to do this anymore.
    Have purchased Spotify Noteburner converter but an error message appears when before installation complete.
    I am not tech savvy, I just want to buy a song and download it. Any simple suggestions.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Where else do you want to play music ? Your cell phone is always with you. And most new cars have bluetooth capability.

3. Chough4

Chough4 Thread Starter

I just want one to add to a video I have created.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    To my knowledge iTunes wouldn't be able to see Spotify's proprietary files for its downloaded music.

As to the Spotify Converter, that is for sure not a legal software as it's designed to invade the policies of Spotify's services.

As to adding to a video, you cannot just simply add copyright music. You need to get expressed permission from the artist/company that owns the song.

Our office did a video with the Benny Hill theme music and it was taken down because the song is copyrighted.

To buy music, buy from iTunes.

5. Chough4

Chough4 Thread Starter

Thanks, I appreciate the straight forward answer. I used to use itunes but was told it was no longer available for PC downloads when I bought my new laptop.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!