1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Leisure Suit Larry Problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Redman13, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Redman13

Redman13 Thread Starter

hey everyone,

i recently got laisure suit larry magna cum laude and installation went all well... but when i run the game it loads fine and everything, but if i move the mouse to rotate the camera around the game just exits without warning... it seems to happen specifically when the 'camera' kind of hits something...for example, when in larrys dorm room i turn the mouse to see the other sides of the room, the camera must move, and sometimes will hit the wall and instead of zooming or something to adjust for the wall the game just shuts down and takes me back to windows...if i move around VEERY carefully i can play the game, but thats no way to play a game...

it looks like a funny game and it cost me money, so i dont want to just pack the cds away and call it a lost cause...ps, the manual didnt even have a troubleshooting section in it, and i checked online and found no patches to upgrade the game...

if tried changing the resolution, disabling the joystick and using the keyboard, and they didnt work... my comp meets or exceeds all of the system requirements for the game..

what could cause these unexpected crashes? any ideas are welcome..

thanks in advanced..

2. Redman13

Redman13 Thread Starter

no suggestions as to why this is happening?

3. asbo

asbo

Try updating your video and/or motherboard drivers?

4. Redman13

Redman13 Thread Starter

thanks for the reply asbo..

unfortunately i updated the video drivers and no game worked properly...seems i have to use a slightly less than brand new video driver for the games to work properly..

any other suggestions?

5. asbo

asbo

6. Redman13

Redman13 Thread Starter

hm, no i havnt.. never heard of them infact... are they for overclocking the card or something? maybe a stupid question, but are they safe?

7. angel1369

angel1369

There just tweaked drivers, they work fine with my ati all in wonder card. Didnt notice much differences between the both drivers.

8. asbo

asbo

The Omegas are a set of drivers tweak for quality and performance over the standard ATi drivers; at this point, they're just an alternative driver option for you. Give 'em a spin and let us know how it goes.

9. Redman13

Redman13 Thread Starter

cool, thanks guys, i'll try em and let you know...

10. Woezel

Woezel

Wow... I had the _exact_ same problem Redman13 had (and I am using the exact same videocard), so I tried installing Omega's Nvidia-driver. The game now runs fine. Thanks a bunch, this was really driving me nuts.

11. Redman13

Redman13 Thread Starter

woezel, did you choose quality or performance when you installed the drivers?

when i installed the omega drivers today it said the drivers were older than the ones i had currently installed...i'll give it another shot tho, if you got it to work then it must be something im doing wrong...

12. Woezel

Woezel

Hmm... can't remember if it was quality or performance, but I do remember I chose the _second_ option (which I _think_ was 'quality'). I don't think it's extremely important though as I noticed afterwards you can switch between these 'modes' at will. There will be a small icon in the bottom right that lets you change the settings (but I didn't have to change anything).

When I installed these drivers I did not get any message about my currently installed drivers being newer btw, but that may not mean anything. I don't think I ever changed any drivers since I bought my computer in 2001.

Well, hope this helps you solve the problem for you too. Feel free to ask about whatever you think is important. I'll keep an eye on this thread for another few days.

Woezel

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/366438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice