1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lengthening Windows Startup Sound

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by znutz, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. znutz

znutz Thread Starter

Hi there! Could anyone tell me how to lenghthen the Windows XP startup sound. Im trying to substitute about a 25 second .wav for the default windows startup sound, and when I boot up, I get only about 5 seconds of the audio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

How did you substitute your new wav for the old one?

3. znutz

znutz Thread Starter

I used the contol panel feature to select a new sound. When that didn't work, I renamed the sound I wanted as the startup, to the default "windows xp startup" sound name. That still didn't work. So I'm still bewildered

4. jonathan731

jonathan731

Maybe if you rename the file you want to the same as the one your trying to remove and then put the new file in the same place as the old one overwriting it. Then when XP looks for the sound it will find what you placed there. maybe might work!??

5. Deathblow

Deathblow

Well, you should just be able to go to your sound settings under control panel and tell it what file you want to use. Perhaps there is a limit in size, or perhaps something else loading up is cutting it off.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice