1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo A600 Display Driver Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcole208, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcole208

jcole208 Thread Starter

I teach computer applications at a private school. We just purchased 6 Lenovo A600 all-in-ones to use for our yearbook class. We wiped them and installed Windows XP SP3, Office 2007, InDesign and Photoshop CS3, etc.

These computers came with Windows Vista Home and were not configureable (i.e. we could not get any hardware or software changed at the factory). However, when I installed Windows XP, I was able to get drivers for XP from the the Lenovo website. All of the worked except for the Intel(R) GMA driver for the display. Although I installed the driver, the computer won't recognize the screen and let me change the resolution to 1900 x 1080. Instead it uses a default 1024 x 768 setting.

How can I fix the drivers so that the screen will display properly?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/853994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice