Lenovo AIO Screen Flickering

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chewyblues

Hello,

my Lenovo Ideacentre Flex 20's screen randomly began to flicker a few days ago. It does so in a pulsing motion at roughly five second intervals consistently (meaning the flicker will last for five seconds and pause for five seconds), with this behavior mainly affecting the top portion of the screen. Upon starting my computer, the flickering only starts once Windows has fully loaded and begins with a small, barely noticeable spasm but after a few minutes progresses into a full blown rhythmic screen wave.

As far as external influences go, my computer was never dropped, hit or had any contact with water. The unit is basically brand new and never moves from my desk. Furthermore, my Ideacentre has never been in contact with any other device or anything with magnetic properties for that matter.

I would love to hear what a tech guy or someone knowledgeable with Lenovo products has to say. Does anyone have experience with this issue or had a similar problem? I'm hoping it might be a software thing... Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

John

plodr

Liz

chewyblues

Thanks for your reply, @plodr. Yes, my computer is the same model as the one in the link you provided and no, it has neither a port for an HDMI cable nor a monitor cable.

I just booted it in safe mode which yielded the same results, the flicker persists. Is there anything further I can do?

plodr

Liz
Also posted here
https://forums.majorgeeks.com/threads/please-help-lenovo-aio-screen-flickering.321503/
Just a note: it is considered rude to post your problem at multiple sites because we are all volunteers so you waste people's time and get conflicting information. You post at one site, wait a reasonable amount of time ( 1 or 2 days) and if you get no help, then post at a 2nd site.

If it happens in both modes, it appears likely it is a hardware problem.

Just as another check, if you know anything about linux, you can create a live USB stick, boot into that and see if the graphics still flickers.

If this laptop is from 2013 - 2014 as I'm finding reviews, it probably will not be worth the cost to repair a 6+ year old laptop.

plodr

Liz
Then please note this
it is considered rude to post your problem at multiple sites.

Post at one site and wait for a response.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online