1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo BIOS Password - Never Set / Reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lgcomms, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lgcomms

lgcomms Thread Starter

Thanks for reading my post.

I have here a Lenovo G580 Laptop. When powering on it asks for HDD Password. When I try to access the BIOS to remove/edit the password it asks me for a BIOS password.

Now the real strange thing is that no password has ever been set for BIOS or the Hard Drive.... However... I've tried removing the battery and the CMOS battery to reset the password... and when I insert them and power back up it STILL asks for the passwords!?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. The laptop isn't old however it is just outside of the warranty.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me

2. valis

valis Moderator

welcome to tsg.....you may want to read the rules page at techguy.org/rules.html, as we cannot assist with bypassing passwords.

closing thread, thanks,

v

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    From the site rules:

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with or ways to bypass a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site.
    As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1107161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice