1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo desktop Rescue and Recovery

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by LouCopits, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LouCopits

LouCopits Thread Starter

I really like this ability to create a backup on demand, as I have needed the rescue multiple times. (I also have Acronis image backups on an external drive).

The R&R documentation allows for 32 backups. Does anyone know what happens if I try to create a 33rd backup?

A friend thinks it will merge number 33 into number 32, but I'd like to be sure.

2. Morny

Morny

Hi LouCopits,

I'm not sure either but I would have thought you might get a message saying you are out of disc space? Unless you back it up to an external drive? I also have a Lenovo but my backup has stopped working for some unknown reason.

Try backing up to an external source and see if this works. However, a word of warning, when I tried backing up my current C-Drive setting, it did work BUT it actually moved the current setting to the DVDs. In other words, I did not have this back-up setting on the C-Drive anymore!!!

Good luck!

Morny

3. LouCopits

LouCopits Thread Starter

I have plenty of disk space, just wonder what will happen when I try a 33rd backup.

I had LOTS of problems with the R&R that came with my PC. I got a fix (for XP) by going to www.IBM.com, enter in search box 65375 and downloading R2R.exe and KB917422. My bum version was 3.10.0022.00

4. Morny

Morny

Hi LouCopits,
    Out of interest, why do you wish to keep all those backups? It does take up a certain amount of unnecessary space on your hard drive. Just keeping the last 5 should be ample? Just a thought?

Thank you regarding the info for R&R. I found the KB917422 and downloaded for now to desktop. However, when I checked my version it is none of the two numbers mentioned. My version is 4.21.0016.00. The problem I keep encountering is that it just doesn't make any backups. It just hangs and hangs. I once waited nearly 2 hours for it to get going but all I saw was this egg timer with the message that it's gathering the required info!!! I tried imaging the HD and after spending hours figuring out how to write the ISO files and wasting discs, I have given up trying!!

Morny

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/843594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice