Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenovo Flex 14 additional HD

795 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dustyjay 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying a Lenovo Flex 14 at a reasonable price but Im struggling to find if I have options that I want for HD.
I was going to go with a 1TB Hybrid drive but Im hearing bad reviews on them. The SSD that comes with it isnt near enough storage for me.
Then I thought, I could keep the SSD for the OS if I could install and additional HD for storage.
Can anyone tel me if there is a slot for an additional drive either as M.2, NGFF, mSATA or with an expansion using the optical drive slot?
Lenovo isnt very forthcoming with information on this that I can find.

#2 ·
According to the reviews I have read there are different versions of the flex 14. Some come with a 128Gb SSD, others come with a 500gb HDD. Also in the different version there are different CPUs. None of the reviews mention an optical drive and from the appearance of the case I see no ports that you could install one. Judging by the size of the case it doesn't appear to have a slot for a second hard drive.

#4 ·
As far as extra storage space and optical drives you can always go with the smaller external hdd's and an external optical drive. I had to buy an external dvd writer as my wifes dell laptop doesn't have an optical drive and no connection for one on the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.