Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenovo FLEX-15 touchpad not working after windows update

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  kanishak 
#1 ·
Hello,
My Lenovo Flex 15 touch pad is not working after windows 10 update.
The exact model is: Lenovo FLEX-15IWL Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81SR
I am using Windows 10 HOME Edition.
Bios Version: ALCN32WN(V2.09)

Issue Is:
Touchpad not working and
I am suspecting the reason is - I2C HID DEVICE driver in Device manager is with 2 entries (1 with exclamation mark)

Steps already did:
- I Tried to update driver from device manager, uninstall that driver from device manger but after every restart it became same (2 entries -1 with exclamation)
- I tried to disable One I2C HID Device and try restarting but still touchpad does not work
- I tried to update drivers and BIOS from Lenovo support page still touchpad does not work
- I did hardware diagnostic test from Lenovo support it does not show any issues in that as well.
- Finally, I tried to reset my windows 10 with save data option but touchpad does not work then I formatted windows with all data removal option, but still touchpad does not work.

Can you suggest me anyway to resolve this touchpad issue.

Thanks
Kan

See less See more
#2 ·
kanishak:

We need more information about that Lenovo laptop, so please do the following in it:
Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your laptop will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

Type winver in the search box, then press the Enter key.
When the small window appears, advise us what the exact "Version" and "OS Build" numbers are.

---------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210619053404.000000+330
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 12, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 150 GB (104 GB Free); D: 149 GB (149 GB Free); E: 174 GB (174 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0J40709 WIN
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1

#4 ·
I tried to reset my windows 10 with save data option but touchpad does not work then I formatted windows with all data removal option, but still touchpad does not work.
Your log shows June 19, 2021 as when Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Build 19042 64-bit was installed.
I re-read post #1 and saw the above comment from you that I didn't notice before.
Are you saying you did a "clean" re-install of Windows 10 today, and afterwards your laptop's touchpad still is not working?

What's the exact serial number on your Lenovo FLEX-15IWL Type 81SR Laptop?
Which country was it purchased in?

--------------------------------------------------

#9 ·
Serial Number is: MP1JACXA
It was purchased in U.S.
THIS is the Lenovo support site for your laptop which was purchased in July 2019 and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
You should add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can quickly refer to it when needed.

THIS is the touchpad/pen/mouse driver for it.
Install it and then see if it resolves your touchpad issue.

-------------------------------------------------

#10 ·
THIS is the Lenovo support site for your laptop which was purchased in July 2019 and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
You should add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can quickly refer to it when needed.

THIS is the touchpad/pen/mouse driver for it.
Install it and then see if it resolves your touchpad issue.

-------------------------------------------------
Hello

I tried to install the driver but can not see the touchpad option in settings yet.
Can you please suggest something else.

Sorry for the late reply.

Regards
Kan

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.