1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo g470 integrated camera not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mosman84, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mosman84

mosman84 Thread Starter

hey, i have an Lenovo g470 laptop with windows 7 Home Basic, Service pack 1, 64 bits and the webcam wont work. when i start up cyberlink youcam, it says: "Warning, No webcam detected. Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an integrated camera, make sure that it is turned on". It worked when i first got my computer for a few months, then it stopped. I havent used it for a few months because of this problem. Please help me! Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    It sounds like the driver for the webcam might be corrupted somehow or its not working for whatever reason.Go to the lenovo website and look under support drivers and downloads for that model and you should see a windows 7 webcam driver.If it specifies windows 7 64 bit use that one.Download and install it and hopefully it will solve your problem.I had a g570 that i traded in for the g770.The g series laptops are part of the essential line of lenovo laptops and very well made.

3. mosman84

mosman84 Thread Starter

Thanks Sueohio for your response. I have downloaded camera driver for lenovo g470 from their website but still the camera is not working :( and I would also wanna inform that I can't see the imaging device in the device manager. Your effort would be highly appreciated.

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    For that model on the lenovo website under support drivers and downloads for the g470 the camera driver is listed under camera and card readers. When you downloaded it did you also install it?Just downloading it doesnt do anything.If it was also installed sometimes you have to reboot the computer to make sure it works properly.

5. mosman84

mosman84 Thread Starter

Well, I have downloaded it and installed it as well. I have also reboot the computer, but still nothing happens :(

Please try to assist in this regards, thanks in advance.

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Its very possible the camera itself might not work at all anymore in spite of your best efforts to try to do so.You can maybe take it somewhere and see whats what with it and go from there.I have several computers with built in cameras and i never use them as the picture quality is very poor and the colors look like sepia tone which makes it look like an old fashioned photo.I use usb logitech cameras that give you a much better quality picture.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Does the webcam show up in Device Manager? If not, then it's disconnected or broken. Installing drivers isn't going to help.

I'm not sure what SUEOHIO is basing her analysis on. Webcams on modern laptops have excellent picture quality. I've never seen one with "sepia" tones.

8. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    To me the usb cameras have a much better picture quality.But i guess its a matter of personal opinion and preference.I have several brand new computers with built in cameras and they just arent the same to me.But thats neither here nor there i guess.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052268

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice