1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo G505s not booting

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mattig89ch, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mattig89ch

mattig89ch Thread Starter

Hidy ho all,

I have a Lenovo G505s I bought in august. Up to this point, its been a great machine. This morning (11/20/2014) I installed some updates from windows update. around 4:30 PM today, I rebooted the machine, because I had an hour break in between classes. During that reboot it tried to install those updates, and it said it failed. After the failure it said it was reverting back to the prior state before the updates were installed.

It then rebooted again. It got to the Lenovo splash screen, and some little white text on the bottom of the screen has said for the past half hour "Updating your system (5%)" with the windows 8 little circle thing spinning around just above it.

I did try restarting it by holding down the power button, but it came right back to this screen.

Google has turned up nothing yet. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, have they (you) been able to fix it?

2. Agye

Agye

I think the quickest way around this issue is to let the OS try to install the updates it might take a while to do so(which is a pain) but I would wait because you don't want to mess up your system you might loose more than the time you will wait

3. cosmicbay

cosmicbay

Same thing happened to me few months ago with my lenovo G500s. I didn't get any solution bt it resolved automatically after 2 days.

4. Agye

Agye

let us know what happens so we can help troubleshoot it more if it doesn't resolve any sooner!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1137792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice