1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lenovo G550 - Keyboard and Mouse Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TomRocksUrSocks, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TomRocksUrSocks

TomRocksUrSocks Thread Starter

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

So I had one of those TDSS Google Redirect virus things. It wasn't too much of a problem but it was irritating. Anti-virus things would automatically close a few seconds after I started any scan. So I figured that it would be much easier to just put it back to factory settings (I didn't have much saved any way).

So after the factory reset, during the Windows 7 Installation the mouse wasn't moving. Then I plugged in my USB mouse in and it started moving. I don't have a USB Keyboard so I used the on screen keyboard to fill out the rest. However when I try to use the inbuilt Keyboard and Touchpad they don't respond. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for both, I have updated the BIOS, I've tried using function and F8 all to no avail.

The keyboard works in the BIOS (I can select Safe Mode, etc) but not in Safe Mode or actual Windows.

BTW the laptop is Lenovo G550 if that helps anyone.

Can someone please help? Thanks!

2. TomRocksUrSocks

3. TomRocksUrSocks

Come on, this is stupid. Is there no help anyone can offer me?

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    All i can say is possibly something got messed up in the reinstall somewhere.id dont know what other help i can offer you. i had a lenovo g550 with no problems mine was running xp tho. i traded it in for the lenovo g770 with the 17 inch screen.hopefully someone will be by to offer more assistance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1012670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice