Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenovo G550 power issue

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SUEOHIO 
#1 ·
My 3ys old Lenovo G550 has stopped accepting power from the power jack. It's been fluffy for a while and has needed massaging to work, but now it's game over. It's doesn't with/without the battery. Been surfing around and partly concluded that it's a weak point in this design. Was on the Lenovo support today, and it will be too expensive to let them work the problem. Also learned that the power jack comes as a pigtail that can be purchased, but the laptop needs a total tear-apart to exchange the cable. Have not been able to find instructions/videos showing the needed tricks. Anyone in here that can help, or has experience with the same issue?

#2 ·
Sorry to hear this as I own a G550. My first thought after receiving and plugging power cord into it first time " what a cheesy weak and wimpy feel it had" - I've been waiting for it to crater ever since. Frankly surprised it has lasted this long. However, when it does, I'll not hesitate to tear that sucker apart to attempt a fix.

Good luck on getting it working. If you do find a maintenance manual, please do share.:)

#3 ·
I also had a g550 but mine was trouble free. I traded it for a brand new g570 because i guess i wanted new and improved which it is and no problems at all so far.The only thing i dont like is the new style chicklet keys as they call them. it makes it very hard to type on them.Im sorry to hear you are having problems.I wish i could offer a suggestion that might help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.