Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenovo G560

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  boyroach 
#1 ·
Hi All,

After trying everything I decided to come here and post.

I have a Lenovo G560 Laptop. Usually I put my machine in Hibernation mode. Because Whenever I turn it of it take multiple power offs to restart and working normal

In Hibernation I boots in seconds. So my machine go the windows 7 update I rebooted the system this time It never came up.
When ahead with last option FORMAT.

My system booted now it was like dead slow and I was totally annoyed. After that I thought it my the processor which might over heat open the back panel cleaned it up good. Well again it was same. I opened it again however after this it didn't even boot
Not even the bios screen screen didn't power on.

Other than that I also noticed that now the HDD LED was not blinking was off.

Fine I did some internal hardware check no good.

I have a SATA to USB converter I connected the Laptop Hard disk via the SATA to USB to my other MSI (LOVE IT) laptop
So when I power it on my MSI detects the System drive which I believe holds the MBR and later my MSI too get hungs as soon as I power off the HDD my MSI works fine...

I suspect issue with my HDD of G560 I have lots of data on it I need to recover any solution ?

See less See more
#2 ·
Test the Lenovo's hard drive with the drive manufacturer's DOS version diagnostic software which is an ISO cd-image file from which you can make a bootable CD with IMGBurn (see below for links). Boot your Lenovo from that CD and the testing tool will automatically open. Select the drive and run a "long test' if that's available.

Links for drive makers' diagnostic software (remember, you need a DOS version): http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Link for IMGBurn to create CD from image file: http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.